Artists on the Rise - September
Updated: Oct 15
Every month we feature various artists on the rise to share with you. These artists are making noise on the local, regional, or national level. Our main goal is to introduce you to new music! Here are five artists/bands on the rise in no particular order.
1. Bully - One of SubPop's most exciting up-and-comers, Bully just released her album SUGAREGG last month, much to the delight of the public. Alicia Bognanno, who fronts Bully poured her heart and soul into this album and it shows. She shows the highs and lows of life as only she can. This album is can't miss. She's an artist we'll definitely continue to hear from. Check out our review of SUGAREGG here.
2. Roderick August - Singer-Songwriter Roderick August is a musician with many miles under his belt. From the roads of Texas, to the Streets of Tennessee, this man has been everywhere. His music perfectly captures his experiences and his story. Give this live version of his track "Lightning Bolt" a listen.
3. Roy F. Bush - Appalachian emo-folk artist Roy F. Bush represents a new take on both the emo and folk genres. Bush effortlessly blends the two styles together, while also simultaneously highlighting his Appalachian roots. Check him out, you won't be sorry.
4. Fever Queen - Indie tunes with just a tinge of psychedelia to them, Chicago-based artist Fever Queen (Elanor Rose Lee) presents a fresh sound on the indie scene. Her vocals soar over her alt melodies in a way that will grip you. Her self-titled debut dropped September 10. Give her a listen!
5. Culture Wars - This is a band that we've had the opportunity to interview and see live a couple of times. Every time we see them, we're blown away. They have a fantastic new track out "Leave Me Alone" that was featured on the soundtrack for Bill and Ted Face the Music's soundtrack. It's such a great tune from the band that immediately had me feverishly diving back into their catalog. Lots to love here.
Anyway, that's it for this week. Check back next time for more artists on the rise!