(Photo Credit: Rafael Baker)
1. How did you come to pursue music, how long have you been at it and when did you decide to go “all in” with music? How have your lives changed since you made that decision?
"I started singing at 7 years old when I did a talent show at my school. At about 13 I started getting my first 3 hour gigs weekly and have just gone from there."
2. Could you walk us through your process of writing music?
"It depends on what it is. Normally I'll get a melody stuck in my head then start singing with it and get the first two lines and begin to create a storyline from there."
3. What artists have inspired you in your career?
"I'm a Huge Civil Wars fan, I love Brandi Carlile. Also, I tend to lean in the direction of a lot of folk musicians I think the music is beautiful and there's always a story."
4. Do you have any favorite music gear (guitars, amps, effects pedals, keyboards, etc.) that you love to use? If so, what’s the story on them?
"I have my Taylor which is my baby, it's my favorite guitar. I wasn't expecting to get that. One day my battery died in my other guitar which was apparently a ploy for my friends to give me the Taylor. It was a pretty great experience to get that with all the people I care about."
5. Can you describe the vibe at your live shows? Also, what do you enjoy most about a venue when you do a show?
"My vibe tends to be powerful. I've been told I have a powerful voice. I tend to make shows about 75% original and the rest covers. I want people to have something for them. The thing for me about venues is meeting new people. I love doing shows anywhere honestly."
6. What is one thing that you want the public to know about your music?
"I feel like my music is the music you can listen to when you are having a hard time and know it's okay."
7. Tell us about your new single "The Ghost of Us"
"I've always struggled to write love songs in their own right. But I feel like everyone knows how it feels to lose a loved one whether it be a breakup or through death. So me and my friend wrote it together with that in mind."