Artist Spotlight - When The Sun Sets
We interviewed an up-and-coming pop-punk group from Chicago, IL named When The Sun Sets! They have a solid sound that features dynamic guitar and drums which are complimented by some fantastic vocal work. They are a band on the rise you're going to have to check out! But before you do, check out our interview with the guys first!
1. How did you come to pursue music, how long have you been at it and when did you decide to go “all in” with music? How have your lives changed since you made that decision?
"All of us have been in love with music and used it as a therapy throughout our lives and when we met, we knew that we needed to put our heads together and spread our message together. Our lives have thrown challenges our way lately but the music has always grounded us and it is the reason that we are the people that we are today."
2. Could you walk us through your process of writing music?
"We usually sit in Noahʼs (Our bass player) basement and share our ideas musically. We then sit together and decide what topic the song calls for based on the way it sounds. Each song is a new piece of artwork that we paint together."
3. What artists have inspired you in your career?
"Artists like Sleep On It, A Day To Remember, State Champs, and Carousel Kings."
4. Do you have any favorite music gear (guitars, amps, effects pedals, keyboards, etc.) that you love to use? If so, what’s the story on them?
"Killer B Guitars because they are handmade and the owner, Kevin Butts, is one of the most genuine guys that we have met in the scene."
5. Can you describe the vibe at your live shows? Also, what do you enjoy most about a venue when you do a show?
"Our live show can be summed up in one word, Energetic. We enjoy venues with a story and we love learning about their history."
6. What is one thing that you want the public to know about your music?
"Our music is for those who need something to connect to. People that have felt alone, struggled with mental health, or just need an escape. We struggle every day and we strive to help others get better and pursue happiness."
7. Do you have any upcoming projects you would like fans to know about? We have many singles in the works as well as tours.
"Keep your eyes peeled on our social media channels to check out our latest announcements."