Artist Spotlight - JunkBunny
(Photo Credit - Nicole Hajjar)
We got to chat with Houston's own JunkBunny about their influences, their gear, and their new EP 'Junk Rock', which dropped on October 18, 2019! Check out our interview with this great alt-rock group!
1. How did you come to pursue music and how long have you been at it?
"The three of us have been playing together for four years, and we started because we love playing music and have fun while doing it."
2. Could you walk us through your process of writing music?
"First, Mac will usually come up with a melody and a couple chords, and he’ll bring it to the boys, who then will build the rest of the song around it. Once we have the rough draft we spend some time refining it until we’re happy with it."
3. What artists have inspired you in your career?
"We're mostly inspired by 90s/early 2000s grunge and alternative, such as Foo Fighters and Alice In Chains."
4. Do you have any favorite music gear (guitars, amps, effects pedals, keyboards, etc.) that you love to use? If so, what’s the story on them?
"One of our favorite things we use are our JH audio Roxanne in-ear monitors. They allow us to get a lot tighter on stage since we can hear better."
5. Can you describe the vibe at your live shows? Also, what do you enjoy most about a venue when you do a show?
"We like to bring a lot of energy to our live show, and hopefully the audience responds to it. We like when a venue has cool people running it and not a bunch of jerks."
6. What is one thing that you want the public to know about your music?
"We had a very good time creating it, and we hope the listener has a great time listening to it."
7. Do you have any upcoming projects you would like fans to know about?
"We recorded these songs (from their new EP Junk Rock) with Howard Benson and learned a lot in the process. So not only do these songs mean a lot to us, but they also sound really sweet."