We had the opportunity to interview up-and-coming alt artist Cathedral Bells! They are about to release their first album in 2020 on Good Eye Records, but they are releasing singles now! Check out our interview with them below!
1. How did you come to pursue music and how long have you been at it?
"I’ve been playing music pretty much my whole life. I started playing shows and touring in high school which was in the early 2000’s"
2. Could you walk us through your process of writing music?
"I usually make a drum sequence and play along and make a demo of it. I usually end up rewriting parts until it’s sorted out. The vocal melodies and lyrics come last."
3. What artists have inspired you in your career?
"Part Time, Jesus And The Mary Chain, Wild Nothing"
4. Do you have any favorite music gear (guitars, amps, effects pedals, keyboards, etc.) that you love to use? If so, what’s the story on them?
"I’m a big fan of Roland equipment in general. I love Roland synths & also have a Roland jazz chorus 120 amp. I’m also really into modulation and bright chorus tones."
5. Can you describe the vibe at your live shows? Also, what do you enjoy most about a venue when you do a show?
"I think after playing multiple shows in a short amount of time, I was able to get a formula for live sequence that flows. I love when venues have good stage monitors so I can hear everything equally. I use heavy effects of reverb and slapback delay on my vocals, which carries my vocals as an instrumental melody."
6. What is one thing that you want the public to know about your music?
"I record everything in my bedroom and record everything analog. So it’s extra special for me when creating something from nothing, all in my house."
7. Do you have any upcoming projects you would like fans to know about?
"I’m about to do my first NY tour as Cathedral Bells. Planning for Texas / Southwest in August with another band from Florida called Body Heat. New music is on the way and my first LP which will be released early 2020 through Good Eye Records."