(Photo Credit - Jeff Hahn)
We had the opportunity to interview Daniel Vildósola from HÆLOS! They are able to create atmospheric sounds with their music and do a lot of vocal play between male and female harmonization. Their music lies in the alt-electronic genre. It's addictive and catchy, you're bound to be hooked by their ability to manipulate the environment around you with sound. Their second album Any Random Kindness drops May 10. Check out their music, but also check out our interview with Daniel below!
1. How did you come to pursue music and how long have you been at it?
"I like to believe that music chose me. I initially wanted to be a fighter pilot – when I think about it now, maybe I just really loved the Top Gun soundtrack and picked up an electric guitar. I’ve been playing music since I was 14 years old, so technically I’ve ‘been at it’ for almost 20 years."
2. Could you walk us through your process of writing music?
"My writing process is unpredictable. It will depend on whether the initial germ of the song is rhythmic, harmonic, or melodic. Once a form starts taking shape, the lyrical content begins to emerge."
3. What artists have inspired you in your career?
"Beach Boys, Prince, Frank Zappa, Pat Metheny & Radiohead."
4. Do you have any favorite music gear (guitars, amps, effects pedals, keyboards, etc.) that you love to use? If so, what’s the story on them?
"Dr. Scientist’s BitQuest – this pedal does everything (on it’s own terms). It’s the opposite of the usual multi fx pedal with cookie cutter presets. It’s very unpredictable but lots of fun. Its reverb, bit crusher, & delay modes are a few of my favorites."
5. Can you describe the vibe at your live shows? Also, what do you enjoy most about a venue when you do a show?
"It seems that only good vibes are allowed at our shows. We have the most amazing fans that bring loads of good energy when they come see us. I can speak for all of us and say that we really appreciate when a venue has showering facilities haha. Failing that, the best place to be is on stage or at the bar."
6. What is one thing that you want the public to know about your music?
"People ought to know that everything heard in our music has made a sound in the real world."
7. Do you have any upcoming projects you would like fans to know about?
"We are very excited to release our new album Any Random Kindness. After its release on May 10th, we’ll be playing a few festivals dates this summer followed by a European tour in the autumn."