Artist Spotlight - Bara
We interviewed up-and-coming electronic artist Bara! Her signature sound is solid and she's doing some great work on the electronic scene, including her second single "Toska" that droped last week. For more info on Bara check out her Facebook and be sure to check out what she had to say in our interview!
1. How did you come to pursue music and how long have you been at it?
"I've loved music since I was a teenager. I took classical piano lessons from the ages of 10 through 15. I met my best friend and started this project with him, which has been going since September of 2017".
2. Could you walk us through your process of writing music?
"I don't have one set process, I do a lot of humming into voice memos. However, I usually start with a beat and then lay synth lines until something goes somewhere. Usually my best stuff comes quickly."
"Vocally, I'll sing fake words and then come up with actual lyrics later. My boyfriend is a music producer and he helps my process sometimes as well."
3. What artists have inspired you in your career?
"IMx, Zola Jesus, NIN, Type O Negative, Etta James, Amy Winehouse, just very honest music appeals to me."
4. Do you have any favorite music gear (guitars, amps, effects pedals, keyboards, etc.) that you love to use? If so, what’s the story on them?
"I work mainly with plug-ins, I have a mini-controller in my tower and a mic and that's about it. I use sound design on top of that and a synth. I make a lot of samples."
5. What is one thing that you want the public to know about your music?
"It's completely honest. It might sound too dark, but the music is not disingenuous, it's honest."
6. Do you have any upcoming projects you would like fans to know about?
"I have an EP coming this summer. I compose classical music with a cellist. My partner and I are also writing music currently as well. Electronic music and classical music are my main loves. I also wanted to say I do all of my own videos."