Artist Spotlight - Arcade Hustlers
We had the opportunity to interview Arcade Hustlers an alt act from Corpus Christi, Texas. We have seen them perform live and can attest they are absolutely fantastic, and if they come your area you need to get a ticket. They have a self-titled album dropping soon that we are excited about. Check out our interview with Arcade Hustlers below!
1. How did you come to pursue music and how long have you been at it?
"About five years now? Five years. we all come from different musical backgrounds. Yeah, but pretty much a common thread is we've all been playing since we're like young kids, I guess like five years old. And we all started Yeah, kind of really getting music seriously kind of just came together living here in Corpus and having similar interests.”
2. Could you walk us through your process of writing music?
"It's all over the place. Yeah. So sometimes we'll start with an idea that one of us has been fiddling around with and whatever. Usually Ryan brings a vocal with a ukulele part we all can add to the structure of it. We'll start anywhere with a bass jam or just kind of hanging out we'll jam out something cool and we'll will record it and then we'll listen to it. And then we'll sort of like sculpt it down."
3. What artists have inspired you in your career?
"They're all different. We look at them all together and make something in which the elements mesh. The goal in the beginning was to incorporate all these different genres and just make good music"
4. Do you have any favorite music gear (guitars, amps, effects pedals, keyboards, etc.) that you love to use? If so, what’s the story on them?
"Funny story, I actually I have a tambourine that was found in a school. We were going through a school before it was remodeled and it was all torn down. And I found this tambourine that's still in my case today that I still use this as tiny itty bitty tambourine."
5. What do you enjoy most about a venue when you do a show?
"First of all, good owners. People that know what they are doing and are organized. It's like, a lot of what goes into just having a good show is a venue that has it together and treats their bands well. Shout out to max out to The Exchange!"
6. What is one thing that you want the public to know about your music?
"We keep making more music! Don't stop listening!"
7. Do you have any upcoming projects you would like fans to know about?
"Yeah we’re coming out with an album, it’s almost out. Then we have tmaterial for an EP after that."